Hearts – “A Different Pest Control Company”
Full and Free Inspection – Complete and Unique Pest Control Service
Hearts Pest Management Leadership
Hearts Pest Management, Inc., is owned by Gerry Weitz, M.S.W. and his wife, Karen Shaw, Phd. Molecular Biology/Genetics. Karen is internationally known in her scientific discipline.
Hearts Pest Management is a new leader in the pest control industry. We are a pest control company determined to present holistic, well-constructed pest control services, bringing to the public the best talent that has been nurtured to tap all their potential.
Among our staff you will find conservationists, a 15 year former pest control company owner, vintage car enthusiast, and even a trail guide! We look for very broad thinking individuals who will go to creative extremes to investigate and solve your pest problems.
Origins and Perspective
When the dot.com crash of 2001 caused Gerry to reassess his career, he drew on his experience with these best of breed companies.
He was also able to utilize his prior experience in human resources and from his earlier life, farming.
Once he saw a small pest control company with potential, Gerry consolidated his life experiences around a new venture in pest control.
He evolved a philosophy of pest control unique to the industry, creating the “Consulting” pest control technician, trained to provide added-value, to “Continuously Improve the Way it’s Done!”
Hearts Pest Management became the first EcoWise Certified company in southern California in 2006, demonstrating leadership and determination to better the profession and service.
In our devotion to our employees, we seek to be the Starbucks of pest control, with the best benefits and the best career programs, ultimately creating a consulting pest control staff passionately concerned with fulfilling your every expectation. Hearts was recognized for this devotion in “A Good Buzz,”Article from the S.D. Union Tribune About Hearts Pest Management.
Growth and expansion has enabled us to be a major presence in the Southern California pest control marketplace.
As of January 2012, we have grown well over 1000% since inception in January 2002. Our company has strived to retain the personal touch of a small entity in relations with customers and employees, while striving for excellence and consistency of service as the organization expands.
Hearts Pest Management provides much more than basic spray and go ant and spider control service. We have always believed in providing full and free consultation and inspection to educate customers, properly scope their concerns and to provide complete pest control solutions, not band-aids. Our comprehensive pest control specialties are:
- organic pest control – ants and spiders
- rodent control – rats and mice
- burrowing rodents – gophers and squirrels
- residential pest control
- landscape pest control
- commercial pest control
- bee removal
- bed bug control
- bird control (single story eaves only)
- mite control
We’ve become one of the few pest control companies in this region licensed to perform both structural and landscape services! Our landscape services include solutions for fruiting and ornamental trees and shrubs, lawns and turf.
To provide added value to the customer, not available anywhere else in the pest control industry.We look for the brightest and train our pest control technicians to view themselves as consultants. Our consulting pest control technicians are patient, knowledgeable and ready to provide best-of-practice treatment.
Our jobs are sometimes routine, but when our customers need that extra TLC, they get it from someone who cares. When our customers ask us to reach into our bag for in-depth knowledge, they know they can count on us to provide correct and complete answers to their pest problems….And they know we are ready and able to handle the most difficult jobs. Ultimately, our job is to take studied risks, under all the necessary safeguards, so that our customers may enjoy a happier and healthier lifestyle.
Company History and Milestones
- Pest control service announced in Ventura County
- Hearts – recipient of prestigious California Environmental Protection Agency I.P.M. Innovator Award
- Hearts announces pest control service in Los Angeles
- Pest control service extended to San Bernardino County
- Gerry Weitz, President becomes a recognized advocate for customers and employees in the industry as a writer for Pest Management Professional Magazine.
- Hearts pest control service announced in Orange County
- Service offerings include one-of-a-kind mite control service
- All pest control technicians have now been trained by the EcoWise Certified organization
- Hearts Pest Management speaks out in support of AB 2716 sick time benefits for full-time workers!
- Hearts pest control service available in Riverside County
- Hearts becomes the prime source for knowledgable and comprehensive control of mites that result from bird and rat infestations
- Hearts Pest Management becomes first and only company in southern California (south of San Francisco) to obtain the EcoWise Certified designation of recognized IPM (integrated pest management) companies devoted to ecological best practices.
- Hearts Pest Management rolls out a comprehensive program for bed bugs, including both treatment and maintenance programs, as well as education and training for hotel / motel and other residential facility staff, for the prevention and early detection of bed bugs. Training is available in both English and Spanish!
- Hearts Pest Management gains recognition from the San Diego Union-Tribune as a corporate culture focused on employee development, motivation and support, and from industry leading consultant, Lloyd Smigel, who describes Hearts Pest Management as having “among the highest morales I’ve ever seen” in 30 years in the industry.
- Hearts Pest Management rolls out organic landscape, tree and shrub treatments across San Diego County. Non-organic services are also available.
- Hearts acquires pest control certification as a provider of Mauget proprietary tree injection treatments. This service allows Hearts to both fertilize and treat for pests with a “closed-system” that will not cause harm to the environment typcial with wind drift of pesticidies. This new and unique pest control service is being introduced throughout our service areas of San Diego and the neighboring Temecula and Murietta region.
- Hearts relocates to a larger facility in Rancho Bernardo, CA, doubling call center capacity and with instand access to major highways to major highways to improve customer response times.
- Hearts begins roll-out of its “Focus on Organics” reduced and minimum risk pest control program for home and garden, with consultation and services available for non-pesticide control for pests in the environment.
- Hearts obtains agricultural pest control license for treatment of landscapes, parks, public right-of-ways and institutions such as school landscapes.
- Hearts expands pest control into the Temecula / Murrieta region.
- Hearts obtains Killer Bee Certification and conducts full bee removal, honeycomb extraction and repair services.
- Hearts moves to a state-of-the-art facility, creating a rapid response customer call center.
- converts to pest control industry leading PestPac Internet software, permitting technicians to dispatch directly from their homes to jobsites in their communities, achieving rapid customer service from technicians operating in their own communities.
- Services expanded to all San Diego County. Hearts enters contracts with major home warranty companies for extermination and pest control services.
- A simple request for gopher services from Hearts Pest Management by a passionate gardener, Gerry Weitz, led to the incorporation and purchase of Hearts Pest Management.
- Hearts Pest Management is established and begins servicing Poway and Escondido, with a “hearts’ desire” to own a pest control company.
Check out some of our resources here!
|Los Angeles • 800-986-1006|
|Agoura Hills||Hacienda Heights||Santa Clarita|
|Alhambra||Hidden Hills||Santa Fe Springs|
|Beverly Hills||La Verne||Sherman Oaks|
|Cerritos||Manhattan Beach||Toluca Lake|
|City of Industry||Marina Del Rey||Torrance|
|City of Los Angeles||North Hollywood||Venice|
|Culver City||Pacific Palisades||West Covina|
|Cypress||Palos Verdes Estates||West Hollywood|
|Diamond Bar||Pasadena||West Los Angeles|
|El Monte||Pomona||Westlake Village|
|El Segundo||Rancho Palos Verdes||Whittier|
|Encino||Redondo Beach||Woodland Hills|
|Granada Hills||Rolling Hills Estates|
|Orange County • 800-986-1006|
|Aliso Viejo||Garden Grove||Orange|
|Anaheim||Huntington Beach||Rancho Santa Margarita|
|Buena Park||La Habra||San Clemente|
|Capistrano Beach||Laguna Beach||San Juan Capistrano|
|City Of Orange||Laguna Hills||Santa Ana|
|Corona Del Mar||Laguna Niguel||Tustin|
|Costa Mesa||Lake Forest||Villa Park|
|Dana Point||Los Alamitos||Westminster|
|Fountain Valley||Mission Viejo||Yorba Linda|
|San Diego Inland • 858-486-1006|
|4S Ranch||Rancho Bernardo||Scripps Ranch|
|Back Country • 760-789-4004|
|North Inland • 760-745-1331|
|Escondido||Hidden Meadows||Valley Center|
|City of San Diego • 619-440-6080|
|Coronado||Pacific Beach||The City Of San Diego|
|Mira Mesa||Point Loma|
|North Coastal • 760-753-8008|
|Cardiff By The Sea||Encinitas||San Marcos|
|Carlsbad||La Jolla||Solana Beach|
|Del Mar||Rancho Santa Fe|
|South San Diego - East San Diego • 619-440-6080|
|Alpine||East Lakes Chula Vista||La Mesa|
|Chula Vista||Imperial Beach||Santee|
|Ventura • 800-986-1006|
|Moorpark||Simi Valley||Thousand Oaks|
|Riverside • 951-693-5005|
|Canyon Lake||Menifee||Sun City|
|Chino Hills||Moreno Valley||Temecula|
|Corona||Murrieta||The City of Riverside|
|Lake Elsinore||Perris, CA|
|San Bernardino • 909-793-0252|