Posted by gerryweitz
California Environmental Protection Agency I.P.M Award Recipient
Hearts Pest Management goes to Sacramento to receive the prestigious California Environmental Protection Agency Integrated Pest Management Innovator Award. This award has been handed out to outstanding organizations that have advanced integrated pest management in California over the past 15 years. One quick review of the list of recipients shows that only two other pest control companies (both in the San Francisco bay area) have achieved this award. As has become a mantra, “Hearts Pest Management is the first pest control company in Southern California” to achieve the coveted California EPA Integrated Pest Management Award.
Many steps were taken along the way toward this acheivement, to name a few:
- First Southern California company with a clearly articulated green pest control option of customized services
- First Southern California EcoWise Certified Company
- Acted as liaison between EcoWise Certified and the pest control industry
- Authored numerous articles advocating for a greener pest control industry
- Served on I.P.M. committee reviewing the creation of the Industry GreenPro certification establishment
- Established Hearts Consulting Group to further advocate for cooperation with environmentalists and a greener industry
- Have advanced knowledge based pest control marketing with a website containing over 600 pages of content
- Have promoted a unique expansion of the definition of I.P.M. with our special employee structure promoting healthly and educated, well rounded pest control technicians, motivated to do I.P.M.
- Became a Healthiest Company Finalist (consistent with need for healthy technicians to do I.P.M.
- Conducted a 1 year grant on a local Native-American reservation, educating and treating with I.P.M.
- Continuous equipment modifications to provide safer pest control work conditions and to reduce opportunity for environmental pollution
We look forward to continuing our role in the pest control industry, advancing environmental stewardship within the pest control industry for the benefit of our workers and the public.
Tagged: Pest Control Companies